Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Intel Technology Provider
63083622

I need the wire color configuration DIN plug on my ACS45

Customer Question

I need the wire color configuration for the DIN plug on my ACS45 computer speaker system
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ALTEC LANSING ACS45. i need the wire colors and configuration for seven wires in the cable to a five pin DIN plug. there are 2 black 1 green 2 orange 1 yellow and 1 white. one of the oranges is a thicker gauge and a bit darker. and obviously, 2 of the wires ride piggy back from the right speaker to the sub woofer. thanks for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have that photo. I need to know what pin on the DIN plug they all go to
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

This can be determined by using a multimeter with one probe on a pin (or wire), check each corresponding pin or wire the Ohm setting. You will notice a dramatic drop in resistance when you hit the right pin. Make a drawing of the din plug and note the wire on the diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really? $18 to tell me that? please, I do not want to open either the woofer or the right speaker control box. I have the wire coming from the right speaker control box and I identified the colors to you. just tell me what color wire goes to what pin on the DIN replacement plug that goes into the woofer. there are 7 wires going into a 5 DIN pin plug.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid you may have to open them up. The information you're asking for would only be available from the manufacturer and they usually only provide schematics to authorized service centers. If you were under the impression that you were in contact with the manufacturer I apologize, you can email***@******.*** for a refund at any point.