Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Why would my mouse suddenly quit working? The batteries are

Customer Question

why would my mouse suddenly quit working? The batteries are fresh, and the red light on the bottom of the mouse is "working"
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of the mouse?

The light will blink as green if the battery is good. have you tried different batteries?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mouse is a GE. Model#99917 (?). I have a Mac 10.7.5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light has always just been red. Sometimes brighter than other times and it is vibrating.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

First, remove the USB receiver from your computer and insert it to a different port.

If you have a mouse driver disc, install the driver using the disc. Check all other USB devices works fine with your computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have told you I already moved the usb recetver to every other port......no luck. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please remove the batteries from the mouse. Wait for two minutes. Insert the batteries and let mouse stop the blinking. Then, press the scroll button and check if it is working fine.

Thank you.

S H E F I N