Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

I bought a Curved LG Monitor Model No.34UC87C. Downdloade

Customer Question

I bought a Curved LG Monitor Model No.34UC87C. Downdloade driver, hooked up HDMI to HDMI (And yes I did set the appropriate HDMI port). The computer DOES NOT SEE the monitor with the message that the cable is not connected. I also tried a HDMI/DVI adapter
to the DVI of the computer, it still does not recognize the monitor
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA.

My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to solve your issue today.

I need some more info on the type of computer you are using. SPecifically the video card. Model, and type please.

Also, are you trying to Extend your desktop, or mirror?

Furthermore, are you certain that your resolution is set correctly? Usually this is set to Auto on your PC, but that may be why its not being recognized.

Does the TV have ANY other ports, that you can use to hook up to your PC....like a VGA? or a DVI?

The Resolution for THAT (LG 34UC87C)Monitor is 3440 x 1440, with an aspect ratio of 21:9.

If your PC can not output in this resolution, you wont get anything on the screen, and may not even be recognized.

Why wouldn't it at least be recognized??? Because the PC sees the wrong resolution coming in, and the PC knows it can't support it, so it makes it disregard it, as such is un-recognized.