Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

My iPad logitech keyboard will not Bluetooth to my iPad. If

Customer Question

My iPad logitech keyboard will not Bluetooth to my iPad. If it
Does it is locked on all caps and some letters and characters will not type.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, can you remove the Keyboard under Bluetooth on the iPad.

Then on the iPad hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPad restart, then join it again with the Keyboard and tell me if it then functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it bl TOOTHD BT AS YO CAN S TH AND THAs you can see. The keyboard is blue toothed but the shift key u and e will not type. The power light does not light up on the keyboard either.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Where you able to do my last instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
abcdFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTVXY @#%&()+
Yes. I did. After I powered down my iPad, and then turned it back on, it Bluetooth to the Logitech keyboard. Unfortunately all the keys do not work. The power light on the keyboard will not turn on. I have written the alphabet from the Logitech keyboard which is above this message.as you can see several of the letters do not type. And when I try to type the e in lowercase, which will not type, it automatically shifted to uppercase or all capitals from the F forward. Something is terribly wrong with the keyboard.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the Kindlle that has faulted. Its a hardware fault in the Keyboard

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Keyboard to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I send it. Do you have a address, contact or anything
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You return it to the place of purchase, so where you bought it from, they will handle the replacement for you (they replace the entire unit).

If your not sure how, tell me who you purchased it from please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I believe I got it from Amazon. I'll research. Thanks so much,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your most welcome, you can contact them for a replacement if its from them,

if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you