Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert.
30970729

I have Centon Datastick Pro 32 Gb USB stick. It shows on one

Customer Question

I have Centon Datastick Pro 32 Gb USB stick. It shows on one W10 HP laptop and does its job, but on the other W10 HP Desktop, it doesn't even register or show its face.
I need some explanation, things to do, etc. Thank you.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've looked at the Centon site to try to find drivers, software, downloads, etc., but cannot find anything but steers to others, like yourselves, like Driver Assist and Driver Restore, etc., etc. No luck whatsoever, as everything I can use/find sees no problem. The stick is visible and usable on my HP laptop, which I'm on now, but not at all on my wife's HP desktop, sitting 8' away. Somehow, this is simply another spinoff problem from the Windows 10 disaster.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would add that her HP desktop also has problems, after the W10 fiasco, and it also does not recognize her 750 Gb Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex external USB HD now, while it did before the W10 demons got hold of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also want to know about your "payment". I will only pay if I get a solution and the problem gets fixed. Correct?? If not, then please tell me what other options exist. Thank you ......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hold on ..........
I have been waiting for a long time now, and I'm not going to wait until tomorrow. Please cancel my request for help, and send me an e-mail stating that I have not been charged for support I never received. I repeat ........ CANCEL this transaction. I don't have time to wait on no-service. I do not want an account, or a trial run, or a subscription of any kind from JustAnswer.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Have you tried all USB ports on the desktop, even those at the back of the computer?

If it still won't connect, let me know and I can connect remotely to the desktop to check a few things on it.