WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  IT Professional with over 15 years of computer hardware experience in repair and engineering
21171802

On startup my computer is saying primary sata hd O failure.

Customer Question

On startup my computer is saying primary sata hd O failure. On boot sequence it says not present.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The problem you are describing is a hard drive failure. You can run a Hard Drive diagnostic in BIOS. When the computer first boots up, you can press F10 or DEL to enter BIOS Setup. Then look for Hard Drive diagnostics. If the drive is missing, then this means that the drive has gone bad. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover this problem.

Also be sure to inspect the drive cable / connection to make sure it has not come loose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a recovery disk that I can use to recover the data on the bad drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You only told me what I already knew but never answered the most important a question about how can I recover the data from the failed drive. Therefore, I had to inquire elsewhere. Please reimburse my credit card the $38.00 that you charged. - Thank you