Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a Logitech wireless H800 headset and am getting

Customer Question

I have a Logitech wireless H800 headset and am getting messages that the audio input is poor. I'm unclear how to fix it. The computer is a Dell XPS, operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium, 4 GB of RAM, 32 Bit, Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU. Can you help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me a little more about how you are using it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to use Dragon Naturally Speaking. I've done a new installation. When I went throough the tutorial and started to dictate it said that sound input is poor.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What are you using for a microphone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The microphone on the H800!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, just checking. Have you tried adjusting the mic input from the Windows Control Panel?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Any luck?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Still with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got disconnected,
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you adjust the mic input from the control panel?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Open Control Panel and click on Sound and then the Recording tab. Let me know when there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am there
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You should see your microphone indicated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It say Siga Tel HighDefinitiin Audio CODEC Default device as default
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There should be one mic listed as the built in one for your computer and another for your headset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is also HDMI SIGMA TEL High Definition Audio CODEC ready
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay try this. Disconnect the H800 and see if one of them disappears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Did you use the Logitech install disc for the drivers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so though I am not sure, since it was about a year ago. Cannot locate any disc with that driver
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Go to this LINK and download the appropriate software and install it, then try again and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I also need to download headset pairing?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Couldn't hurt! It might be a good thing to have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded both, though pairing is in zip format
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't worry about that now although Windows 7 can decompress it. Go ahead and load the software and see what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my menu is listed About Logitech Wireless Headset H800 Assistant
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Just install everything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says your Logitech software is up to date
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Then you will need to uninstall it and reinstall to see if it picks up the microphone.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I will be going off line for a short time but I will be back with you as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I hit run or save? Also must I fine pairing and uninstall as well or did it disapear along with the other uninstall.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry about pairing. Where are you seeing run and save?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran the download for the headset and at the end it says run or save h800_1.00.034 (22mb) from download
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Oh I see. Save it first, then run it from where you saved the download. I will be back in a little while.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now in programs but still doe not show up as option, headset is plugged in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Are you using the USB receiver that came with the headset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I also just noticed that there is speech recognition system on the commputer that may be running.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, make sure that is off. You will need to go back into control panel, then sound to see if your H800 is set for default.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I still do not see the H800 listed. When I go to program list all I get is Logitech, followed by H800, then About Logitech Wireless Headset when I click that. When I click the later I get a box that says check for updates and okay. When I click that it says Logitech is up to date.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You don't find it in control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go to unistall it is listed but it is not in the playback section of sound. Just the two that I mentioned before.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Did you go through the pairing process?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. Can you assist?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is there a volume and mute button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the top of the keyboard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also got a message that Java is out of date and it is "highly recommended "that I uninstall.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Try pressing the volume up and mute buttons at the same time until the LED blinks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Volume is all the way uup and muted but no blinking observed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay try this. Set the slider switch to the Bluetooth icon. Slide the track switch to "Next" and hold, and press and hold the "Volume up" button at the same time, until the link LED indicator blinks rapidly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green light is blinking rapidly on the headset.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That means you are in pairing mode. Now you need to make sure your bluetooth is on and searching on your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Have you not paired this with your computer before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long agol I've never been able to effectivley use this headset.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I will need to know the full model number of your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in system properties. What do yoou need?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Dell XPS and then what is the rest?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
M1530
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Locate the black plastic switch on the right side and push it toward the optical drive slot. You should see the blue Bluetooth logo on the keyboard bezel light up. If the light turns on, the issue is resolved. If not, continue to the next step.
Click the Start button, and then click "Run" or click the search box at the bottom of the Start menu. Type "devmgmt.msc," omitting the quotation marks, and press "Enter." Windows displays the Device Manager.
Click the "+" sign or triangle next to "Bluetooth" or "Bluetooth Radios." Look for a device called "Dell 355 Bluetooth Adapter" or similar. Right-click the Bluetooth adapter, and select "Enable" to use the Bluetooth adapter. After that, repeat the above instructions to activate pairing mode on the H800.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see anything referring to bluetooth in device manager, even after doing a search.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I will be going off line for the evening. A couple more things to check. Do you have a bluetooth indicator light on the keyboard? If not, there should be a actual button to turn it on with. If you don't find that, then use the pairing utility you downloaded from Logitech.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont't see a bluetooth indicator. I will give your suggestions a shotl Thank youl
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This may help? This is using the pairing utility you downloaded from Logitech. Set the switch on your headset to the receiver icon and not the Bluetooth icon. Slide the track switch to "Next" and hold, and press and hold the "Volume up" button at the same time, until the link LED indicator blinks rapidly. Initiate the pairing mode for your wireless receiver. Make sure your wireless receiver is connected to a USB port on your computer. When the headset is in pairing mode, click Next on the Pairing Utility page to initiate the pairing mode on the receiver. Once the headset is paired to the wireless receiver, the connect LED will turn solid green and the pairing utility will state that the headset is ready to use.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eventually got headset paired. Quality of voice recognition still labeled poor when I try to do any dictating on Dragon. I may try to reinstal Dragon.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Now since you have it paired, go back into control panel and see if you can adjust the microphone input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how things turn out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never got it working. This sucks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I will release your question so another expert can take a look at it.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Do you still need help with this problem?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess