Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computer Hardware. MCSE, MCP, ICCP - Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Alienware, Lenovo.
23511658

There was a power disruption and the computer did a safety

Customer Question

There was a power disruption and the computer did a safety shutdown. When I restarted it the monitor lit up blue and said No HDMI. the 2nd monitor displayed a B2 in the lower right corner and so did the main monitor. But the logo for the mainboard did
not display. All external drives have power lights lit and the jump drive has a light that flashes normally. But there is no video. I am operating from another computer so any technical information will take a coupe of moments to answer as the defective computer
is under the table. The steps I have taken already are: Shut down the power switch on the computer. removed line cord form power source Verified power was at source (a UPS unit). plugged theline cord into the source Restarted the computer Got the same results.
Turned the computer off removed power line cord from the UPS {Plugged it in to another UPS unit restarted the computer Same results.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The one thing that I didn't see whether you tested was connecting those monitors to a different computer so you can find out if it is with the graphics circuit in the computer or if it is a problem from the HDMI output to the monitor or the monitor itself. If you can do that, that would help us to narrow it down. It sounds to me like your monitors may have failed but I'd like to make sure before just saying that is what is happening.