CompDoc
CompDoc, Information Systems Specialist
Experience:  I have over 20 years of computer experience.
39833143

I want to reset / re-initialize my NAS LG N2A because i lost

Customer Question

i want to reset / re-initialize my NAS LG N2A because i lost my passwords. can you help me ?
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know data will be lost , i dont care. I cant use the UI because I forgot the passwords... I have downloaded the latest firmware as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi , it takes too long to get an answer or a specilaist on line. So please cancel my request. I have already cancelled paypal as well. sorry. But 1 hr is more than 10 mins that is your average...
Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

From all my research you need to reset it.

‘LG NetworkStorage Installer’ installation (LG Network Storage system fileinstallation,volume and RAID configuration)

① Connectthe enclosed power adaptor to the DC jack. Plug the “power cord” into anelectrical outlet.

Oncethe power adaptor is connected to the DC jack, connect the power cord to theoutlet.

② Whileholding down both ‘<-‘ and ‘->’ buttons, press the POWER button once.

Once the “Enclosure_Mode” message pops up, let go of thearrow buttons.

9

③ Once“Enclosure mode” is complete, the LG Network Storage will automatically rebootitself.

In the case that the power shut down abnormally before the system successfully reached “Enclosure mode,” please return to step 2 and re-run “Enclosure mode.” ④ System loads system files as itreboots. LG Network Storage shall not be accessed during the system reboot process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry , but the N2A2 has no buttons !
In the meanwhile I managed myself to reset it it. Nothiong to do with buttons you mentionned.Just needed a firmware file and a usb stick.
Please don't try further . Payment has been cncelled as the answer does not even cover a solution and was late.