Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have an older Iomega Storcenter P/N 31702600 and S/N

Customer Question

I have an older Iomega Storcenter P/N 31702600 and S/N KFAJ010613 - I would like connect it to my computer, but have not used it for at least four years. I plugged it in and it spins up. I connected to laptop USB to USB. The laptop seems to recognize it. But I cannot see any files. I know there was security on the drive. Any way to get some help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it would be well to install the Storcenter drivers first, on the laptop, and then after connecting the Iomega drive you ought to be able to either see files, or at least to get a 'login' prompt for the security necessary to acessing the files.

What Windows version is on your laptop please? With that information, I could advise you further in more specific detail. The Iomega drivers and/or software are, hopefully (even if it is an older drive) still available for free from the Iomega site, and I could direct you to the correct site/page with that information. So Reply and let me know, please. Thanks.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
To add some more information to my initial attempt at a good answer to your question: here is the intro page to the downloads for your type of device... which, since Iomega has been acquired by Lenovo (or at very least Storcenter devices are now under LenovoEMC), is a Lenovo page:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds034667
Note that I have not directed you to a more specific page, because you stated a part # ***** than a model # ***** your Storcenter device.
Let me know how it goes... or what your Storcenter's model # ***** Thanks.