Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I need a web cam to cover a 500 ft. radius. It is live

Customer Question

I need a web cam to cover a 500 ft. radius. It is for a live streaming video web cite . What do you suggest?
Thank You Amanda C Unger
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Please, give me all the requirements for the camera.
1) Will it be installed inside or outside a building?
2) Will it be plugged into a computer while it is streaming or do you wish to have it setup so it doesn't require a computer to work?
3) When you say that you need for it to cover a 500 ft radius, what exactly does that mean? Will it be stationary, looking at one point 500 feet away?
4) Do you need for the camera to be stationary looking at one point or will you need to be able to move it so that it can change viewing directions?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The camera is for inside a building.
The camera needs to be connected to my computer so I can run by business off of it. I would prefer the camera to be wireless, if not, that's fine too.
I will be streaming my web cam in a 500 ft. radius that needs to be stationary and precise.
What do you suggest?
Amanda C Unger
Thank you for the update.
What is your budget, as far as price for the camera goes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My budget is flexible. I prefer to communicate via e-mail. What type of web cams do you suggest starting at $80.00 and Up.
Thanks *****
Thank you for the update.
The following camera will work for you: [urlhttp://www.dx.com/p/linksys-wvc11b-wireless-b-2-4ghz-802-11b-ip-network-internet-surveillance-ip-camera-qvga-39081#.VbkmNs9VhBc[/url
You will be able to view the camera through your Internet Explorer browser.
I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page (Clicking of Stars & Submit)
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason