Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
23372949

I was typing and the keys were sticking so I blew the dust

Customer Question

I was typing and the keys were sticking so I blew the dust out, turned it over and now it will not work at all!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. However, since this is a hardware issue, i will request the mods to move it to the hardware category. Thanks
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
is this a stand alone keyboard or part of a laptop. It seems unlikely that blowing the dust out would damage the keyboard so it now longer works at all but its possible.if it is a stand alone keyboard for a desktop its more likely that you disconected it or if its wireless it lost connection when you were moving it around to blow the dust out. check the connection if it is usb unplug it and plug it in againif it is wifi hold the button to reconnect it or go through the blue tooth pairing process again if it is bluetooth if that does not work try rebooting the computer and doing it again. if it is a laptop try rebooting it but there isnt much else that can go wrong you may have disconected it inside the laptop or its always possible that you blew something inside the keyboard where it shorted something out. In that case the keyboard would have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed the batteries and it works fine! Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
glad it worked out for you. I did say that the blowing had nothing to do with the problem. I hope that at least pointed you to look for other causes even if i didnt actually suggest that one. I would really appreciate if you would give me a good rating as that is the only way that i get credit from the site for my time. Thank you :)