Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Keyboard cover clip is demagnetized. How can I fix.

Customer Question

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Whats the full name brand and model of the keyboard in question? And also, does it go to a specific device such as a microsoft surface, or some other convertible tablet / notebook? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard for iPad
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Next question. How old is the keyboard? Also, is it just the tab on the end of the cover that is supposed to keep the cover closed, that is no longer magnetized?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the tab on the end of the cover which keeps the cover closed is no longer magnetized. The keyboard and iPad is about 2 years old. All is working fine until now.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Over two years old your outside of the logitech warranty. One solution would be, to use a "sleeve" case like this that the keyboard and ipad would fit snugly inside of.. http://amzn.to/1Ib0lZJ Other then t hat, youd have to purchase a broken Logitech case, and cannibalize the magnets from the used case into your current case. You can find a used model here for 18.95 is you click buy used. http://amzn.to/1TJmlN6 Then ist just a matter of carefully cutting open the tab, swapping out the magnet, And carefully gluing the tabs shut again. ( or whatever method you feel is best for the magnet transplant.) If you have any further questions or concerns, your welcome to respond. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.