Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My name is***** have two nano pods and I have connected

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** have two nano pods and I have connected then to the computor they are associated with and their is no reaction to either nano. Can you help mee?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.
Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.
If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.
Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac.  And then where it says version,  send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it they are Windows 7,
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Question.. Are you using the same data / charging cable for both Ipods? Also, when was the last time they were able to connect normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Each pod is using a different computer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Other then the ipods not being recognized by the computers, are they turning on normally and can you play music from them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin, there is no responce from either one nothing is lighting up, I have not used them in two months, I did down load an update of itunes however.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ahhh.. If you havent used either one for two months. Its entirely possible that the batterys are critically discharged. Question, do you have a wall charger you can test with? And also, do you know the full model and version of each nano?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustine I have checked with a wall charger in both cases and nothing has happened, I
thank you for your time. I am going to close the connection and think of some other way to check on my ipods. thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood John. If you can relay the full model numbers and versions of the ipod nanos, I may be able to offer some further suggestions. Such as trying to restore them, or reformat them and reinstall IOS. ( but without knowing the specific models we cant attempt any of the hard resets, etc ) D.S