Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I changed my e-mail and password ***** weeks ago but the

Customer Question

I changed my e-mail and password ***** weeks ago but the old e-mail and password ***** showing up. I am trying to get my phone number ported over to OOMA because Magic Jack keeps interrupting my conversations. You keep denying my porting to OOMA because they need to have a PIN which I do not have. I have given them my new e-mail and password ***** does not suffice. What do I need to do so you can port my MJ phone number to OOMA?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think the problem is with the MagicJack organization. If the number you want to allow Ooma to use, is theirs, or is subscribed to their service, etc., then they are the ones who can release it. To get it released so that Ooma can use it may be difficult. I advise you to contact MagicJack by phone, so as to talk to a live person, and see if they can help clarify the situation. (They may require you to pay for the rest of your subscribed period before they allow porting the number... but hopefully not. To quote the MagicJack 'Contact Us' page: that may be subject to an additional fee.) Their billing number is ***** (###) ###-####561)-594-9925.