Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased the LG DVD Writer model no. ge24nu40 to install

Customer Question

I purchased the LG DVD Writer model no. ge24nu40 to install on my Acer All in one computer but the problem I have is there is no cd/dvd drive on this computer. I need to see if there is a link that I can get to download the installation software in order to use my drive. I need to access this drivre in order to load windows 7 home premium on my computer.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
This model is plug and play all you should need to do is plug it into the computer.
The computer should detect it and automatically install the correct driver.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plug and play did not work. I do not know how to check the settings on this particular computer. I need to install windows 7 Home Premium on this computer but I cannot do it without the drive working. I put the installation disc in the drive and the computer does not seem to recognize the device. Is there a link that I can download the installation software for the drive? This computer is apparently a linux system and I need to put windows OS on the computer. I will wait for your response. Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
No there is not because it is a plug and play drive it is not made for Linux systems though. Did this computer come with Linux or Windows? What model computer is it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it came with linux. we were not aware of that at the time my friend purchased the computer. I purchased the full install of windows 7 home premium and need to convert. I am not happy with the performance of this acer at this time. I need to get windows installed but I may have to take it somewhere. It is a Acer android computer. the model is the acer all-in-one computer model DA220HQL
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not a Linux computer it is running android as an operating system. I am unfamiliar with reformarting android into windows so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I am also going to contact acer for their help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
There are not any drivers for windows 7, or any version of windows that will work with that machine. Even if we attached an external drive, installed windows on the external drive and then booted up. Your display driver, wireless, sound, and nearly everything else wouldn't work.
What you can do, is use the device as a monitor for a windows 7 or 8 computer. So if you purchased a cheap desktop tower, this would work as a monitor.
http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30013/~/da220hql-android-smart-display-as-a-touchscreen-display
And here is an example of a cheap desktop tower you could purchase to turn the Acer you have into a smart monitor.
http://astore.amazon.com/techneccesities-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=5
There are three on that page. All with above average specs for their price. ( though you may want to consider a high end graphics card if you will be doing any hard core computer gaming or graphics designing)
If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.