Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

After three days of not having my phone in order you want money

Customer Question

After three days of not having my phone in order you want money to fix my phone to get incoming calls. You haven't fix it yet so why do I have to pay for an answer. I already had to buy a new adapter and I don't have an extra $100 to pay out as I am on a very limited amount of money every month. I guess the best thing to do is to get another phone service
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
I can see from your question history that you have had an exceedingly difficult time with our system. Please try to refrain from posting new questions, as we will just have to report those as duplicate questions ( if all the questions are on the same topic)
For now, I just want to reach out to you and try to help you work through the problems you are facing.
Let me start by asking you who your phone, or phone service is with. What company you pay your bill to?
And is the phone in question a home phone, or a cell / mobile phone?
Thank you in advance for your patience, and response.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Myphone is with Magic Jack and my moden is with Century Link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dustin, I had a luncheon to go to and just returned home. I have answered your questions. I noticed that they accepted my $36, I do hope you can get my phone working

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. To clarify, when you say your phone hasnt been working for three days.. You mean your magicjack phone hasnt been working? If thats correct, do you know how long ago you last paid your yearly bill for magicjack? We should first make sure that your service hasnt simply expired. you can log into your account and check your subscription status at my.magicjack.com Once you have logged in there with your magicjack email and password ( or using your MJ number and password ) Go to the account tab and see if your service / subscription is still active. If it isnt, you can renew your service on that page. If it is active still, then respond to me here and we will discuss our next steps to get the phone working again. Please respond when you can whether your service was active, or not. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My magic jack has been paid up until 4/23/2016. I also have had $36. taken from my bank account since yesterday. I don't have money for much. but I do need a phone at age 83. I no longer can make calls and receive calls. Please help me. I also just bought a ner adapter last Thurs. at Walmart on 2/2/2915

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put the wrong date on the adapter. It was Thursday 7/2/2015 I',\m not a reall computer whiz and push wong keys sometimes

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. And I definitely want to help you.. I can understand how important a phone can be at any age and I wouldnt want you to go without a phone. We normally charge extra for remote support, However I am willing to forego that charge so I can connect and make sure that you have a working phone. ( magicjack) What is remote support? Its a one time, temporary, secure connection. That allows me to see your computer screen and control your mouse pointer. Once I am connected I would be able to try and repair the issue in person, from here. Would you like to try that method of help, or would you prefer I try and walk you through the needed repair steps by email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes I don't understand things so lets try (Iguess) remote support It it doesn't work then I gues I'll try walk through. Whatever you think I'll do and say a prayer that something works

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay. I have just now seen your reply. To start our connection, I need you to click the link below. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=48686784-e70d-491e-85fd-ac9fffcad286 Scroll down on that page and click agree. Then, it will ask you t o save or run an elsinore screen connect file. Run that file, if it asks you to, allow that file. Once you run the elsinore screen connect file it will connect us. If you get stuck at any point, tell me what step specifically you were trying to do above and I will help you connect. Dustin S.