Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

222mk, PC won't boot

Customer Question

PC won't boot
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have meantime downloaded the latest Win 10 ISO (from a different PC, obviously)So it seems to me Windows on the C: SSD cannot boot, but the question is, is that because of hardware (SSD) failure, or Windows boot record, partition, etc corruption, or hardware SSD driver corruption, and how to determine.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
An easy way to determine which has failed is with the error message that it will provide when you power on the computer.
Power on your computer and provide me with any error messages that you see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
due to the delay in receiving a response I am now not at my computer and will not have access for 12 hours. Meantime - when I attempt to boot the PC it starts to attempt to load windows, then attempts to repair, and then hangs.
I believe it did 'complete' to a 'failed to repair' type message. The only error code I recall is the generic 0x000000e type.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello - no response from you?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay -- I was out of the office for the 4th of July. Have you tried completing an operating system reload via CD?