Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

My windows computer is not detecting my iomega hard drive.

Customer Question

Hi, my windows computer is not detecting my iomega hard drive. It is making a strange, consistent low buzz noise every 3 seconds. The light is on and not blinking. What's happening?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you by providing some additional information. Given the fact that it is buzzing and nothing is happening such as the computer not able to read form the hard drive, it would indicate that there is some sort of inter failure. Possibly stuck heads. Here is a link that has sounds from various other hard drives that may help you identify the type of failure you are dealing with:http://datacent.com/hard_drive_sounds.php Your best option is to take the hard drive to someplace like Staples or Geek Squad where they can remove the hard drive and either repair it, or try to recover the data on it.