Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

GA- sa I purchased an external usb 3.5 floppy drive(###) ###-####40 and

Customer Question

I purchased an external usb 3.5 floppy drive(###) ###-####40 and my mac won't recognize it and my windows machine keeps trying to format the disk but then says it can't. Have I made a bad purchase?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If it works on neither the Windows computer nor the Apple computer, then it most likely is a defective floppy drive.That is not absolutely certain, but let's say that it is good enough to act upon. (I.e., if the second one that you try, does the exact same thing, there may be some error with cabling, if you are using the same floppy drive cable with both computers by some improbable chance.)