Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have an Iomega storage device model LDHD-UP and am unable

Customer Question

I have an Iomega storage device model LDHD-UP and am unable to "enable" it. The device is wired to laptop and seems to respond to QuikProtect when initiated. Get error message: "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
Please help.
Barry S.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Are you trying to 'enable' it within the operating system or within an application?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I go to desktop, click on Iomega/QuikProtect icon then go to the resulting QuikProtect icon (with a red circle and white x on it) in system tray and click on "Enable" and get the error message.Note: I can manually copy files/folders to the hard drive via Windows Explorer but auto back-up function is not working.
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.