Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

My iMac mouse is not working. I changed batteries and it still

Customer Question

My iMac mouse is not working. I changed batteries and it still is not working. Brian
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When did it last work and have you confirmed the batteries are in working order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working on 6/3 and I just returned from vacation this am and it is not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced batteries this am
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.
Then tell me if the mouse now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are you sure the batteries are in correct? And that these batteries work as you may have put in flat batteries.
Can you confirm this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Batteries are in ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** confirms the mouse as failing, we have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the mouse to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
One thing, on the Mac, First, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth and confirm that Bluetooth is turned ON.
Is it?