Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have the printer xerox phaser 6121 and I have the error

Customer Question

Hi, I have the printer xerox phaser 6121 and I have the error "fuser failure " code 500 ... I have purchased a new fuser and even after installing it correctly I am receiving the same message
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Please follow these steps: Power Off the Printer, Unplug the Power Cord From the Wall Outlet, Wait Two Minutes, and Then Power On the PrinterPress the power switch to the off position. The power switch is located on the right side of the printer.When the Control Panel is blank and all lights are out, unplug the AC power cord from the wall outlet.Wait two minutes and then plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.Press the power switch to the on position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done the steps as explained but I am getting the same result
Fuser Failure
Code 500
Hmm..and have you tried reseating the fuser? Perhaps try removing all of the removable parts (toner, fuser, roller, etc.) and putting them back in the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes... I have just done it now... Getting the same results
Hmm..very odd...must be an issue with the contacts from the fuser to the unit itself. How long have you had the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More than 3 years
Is the fuser an original xerox? Or did you purchase a aftermarket?
I doubt it is the issue, but possible if it's not an original Xerox it could be causing the issue...Otherwise I think the next thing to do is have the unit serviced by a printer repair specialist...I can definitely assist you to locate one in your area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Original Xerox from Xerox in United Kingdom
Yes...ok so I think the next thing is to get the unit serviced...would you like me to find a specialist in your area?
Another option would be to purchase a Post Warranty service agreement for your Xerox