DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  8+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I have a windows boot manager on my screen right now and my

Customer Question

I have a windows boot manager on my screen right now and my disc drive does not work. Is there any hope?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.
What is the make and model of the unit?
When did this start happening?
How long have you owned the unit for?
Lastly, what have you all tried thus far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DELL INSPIRION 2320 ALL IN ONE WINDOWS 7 64 BIT. It has been sitting 2 mo. owned since 2013. I was probably trying to fix a problem and messed up.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Linda for that additional info.
So you mentioned your Drive is not working.. is it not opening.. ?
You're trying to change the boot menu to boot from a CD drive.. correct if that is not working it generally is a hardware related problem on this model though it seems. They do offer 50-75% off units that are even out of warranty to be fixed. 1-***-***-****, (M-F 8am to 6pm CST).
If that isn't a viable solution for you, the only other option would be to get a cheap external usb CD drive and do it that way, changing the boot order to the new disc drive.
Please provide a positive rating, if you need more assistance please ask. Glad I could be of assistance and God Bless,
Travis B.