Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computer Hardware. MCSE, MCP, ICCP - Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Alienware, Lenovo.
23511658

I need to re-connect my Vonage system telephone

Customer Question

I need to re-connect my Vonage system for my telephone. The system fell on the floor when I removed the rug in the computer room. My system is connected to my computer. My Internet service is provided by Verizon Telephone Company here in Fort Wayne, Indiana that also handles my Vonage account.
My name is Dal *****. I live at ************. I need guidance on how to make the proper electronic connections and any further
information on how to re-establish my Vonage account for *********.
Thank you for providing the relevant information.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
Your bondage system is actually controlled completely by bondage and uses your Internet service to provide you with the voice over IP service. So it's actually a combination of both your Internet and the vaunted service. What happens is when you turn that terminal adapter on from bondage, it should go to your router and get an IP address, and once it does, it should be able to contact the Vonage service over your Internet connection. As long as your Vonage account is active – and you can check that by logging into your Vonage***@******.***, then the rest should happen automatically. Your Vonage terminal adapter has a unique code on it which is associated with your account. What I would suggest doing is unplugging the Vonage adapter from both the network and from the power source, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. At this point it should again get an IP address and the correct settings from your router. If it does not, it is possible that dropping it has damaged it and it needs to be replaced. Fortunately these adapters are very inexpensive so it would not even be worth exploring having it repaired because you can replace it for very little.