Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have a emachine using WIndows 7 and I am using a EPson Styus

Customer Question

I have a emachine using WIndows 7 and I am using a EPson Styus 400 for a Printer. I have been using it for about 2 days with no problem. as I use the Computer in South Carolina with another Printer and when I travel north after 5 months I use this printer. All of asudden it tells me the printer is offline and I can not print anything. The printer still works. I copied a item to check that it works. I did have to change a ink . at this point it tells me it is off line and will not print. What do I do????
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
How is the printer connected to the computer? Is it using a USB cable? Or wireless?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
usb cable
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for writing back with that information.
Please try to unplug the printer's USB cable from the computer and then plug it back to the ORIGINAL port where you first used it. Then see if it works. If not, please let me know.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that you posted a duplicate question Please let us continue here.
Have you tried to unplug the printer's USB cable from the computer and then plug it back to the ORIGINAL USB port where you first used it?
Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing this printer software issue while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can resume any time for free.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess