Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

Have a desktop with serial number 121104718502810 has

Customer Question

hello - have a desktop with serial number 121104718502810
has 4gigs of ram
what is the maximum amount of ram i can upgrade to?
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the part number of that ram?
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.
I would need to know the make and model of the desktop to give you more info. For Example Dell Inspiron ****. The serial number sometimes helps if you use it on the manufacturer website, but knowing the model is easier.
Without knowing the specs of your computer I would guess you can probably go to at least 8GB, if it is a newer desktop. I need to confirm the exact amount though.
Also, keep in mind that even if you upgrade your memory to a larger amount you won't be able to take advantage of it unless you are running a 64 bit operating system.
If you can't find the information there are programs that will help you, but first see if there is a label somewhere that has that info and let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apologies. I thought I was on the ASUS site for specific support.I am looking to max the ram on an ASUS desktop model BP6375
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is 64bit
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Try this for me.
Go to your start menu and type msinfo32 and hit enter. It should bring up a screen giving you all the info about your computer model. Let me know what it says.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you ran into any problems. Basically once you find your model you can either find the information online. I find it easiest when you are not sure which part to buy, to go to Crucial.com and do a search for your model. They have a pretty good database of parts for various manufacturers and models. It tells you what it supports and shows you compatible parts to purchase.
Let me know if you need further assistance.