Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

I am looking motherboard pro 72 sl and I don't

Customer Question

I am looking for a motherboard for asus pro 72 sl and I don't seem to find it. Can you tell me if there is one similar from other model?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.
I don't find anything listed under Asus Pro 72 either. I would think you need to get a motherboard that is an exact fit as they are proprietary. Do you have the motherboard out of the laptop already? If so does it have any sort of model number printed on the board? Perhaps they use a certain model motherboard and it is easier to find a replacement that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. By.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the motherboard out of the laptop? There will be a serial number and/or model number on there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have it here. It's at the repair shop.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
What did the repair shop say as far as repairing or replacing the board? Did they say they can do it? How much are they asking you to fix it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The repair it's not so much but it will not hold to much...and they recommend replacement.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean hold too much?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They can fix it but they don't give me any warranty. It will be only a temporal fix.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what problem they found, so I can't comment on that without more info on the repair. If they can repair it then let them, even if there is no warranty for it. The alternative is trying to hunt down a replacement board and doing it yourself, or sending it to Asus for repair which might take a while and cost more. I am not sure what this fix is that is only temporary.