Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience.

How much could I sell my computer for? What is the lowest

How much could I sell my computer for? What is the lowest I should take for it and the most I could possibly get for it and what would I most likely get for it? I have a desktop computer which I have had since January 2012. It is an Acer. It is an i7, 16GB RAM, 7 TB of hard drives (a 1 TB, a 2 TB, and a 4 TB, the last of which was just purchased for $240) It also has Windows 7 installed on a 250 GB Solid State Drive. I have an asus monitor that is 24 inches from corner to corner which has dvi/hdmi connections and built in speaker. A wireless mouse I purchased recently for $50 and wired keyboard. I also have an upgraded additional graphics card purchased for playing the most recent Starcraft game releases. It has a DVD RW.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You would probably get more selling the individual parts than the computer as a whole.
To give a proper estimate to you I would need the bran and model of each hard drive as well as everything else.

If you are not sure what they are you can use speccy here to find out: Click Here
You only need the free version in order to check. Make sure to choose priform under free when it asks where you want to download from.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok, I installed this program and it is nowhere to be found and gave me no option to start it. Where is it hiding. There's no program in the start menu, the desktop, nor when I search it from the start menu. I searched speccy and "worth" and got nothin.

.
Once installed it would be under start, all programs, and then speccy.
It will not give you how much they are worth it will only give you the models of each device so you can give them to me.
If it is not listed there try installing it again using this: Click Here
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Crashed on opening but I did find it? I googled it and got a working download from cnet.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zkzAmvHybUrZMtUHgazt4vJ

This is getting more detailed so I WILL give you a bonus.

.
Thank you very much for that it helps a lot to determine the cost of the parts.
The best way to determine the value is to see what each part is going for new and split it in half.

Your graphics card goes for $80 for example so you would want to split that to $40.
For the parts I will list them all the values of what they would cost brand new sealed and then will give you what the lowest you should take is.

Radeon HD 5670 Graphics card $80
250 GB SSD $170
4TB Hitachi drive $220
1TB Seagate drive $50
2TB Seagate drive $100
Acer M4618G motherboard $75
Intel Core i7-2600 $340
4x 4GB Ram $44 each total $336

Speccy does not actually give me the model of your monitor, mouse, or keyboard so I have left those out.
On average a standard keyboard and mouse goes for $20.
The monitor would depend on the model but most Asus 24 inch go for $150 new with built in speakers.

So if everything was brand new and not assembled it would be: $1541
Used it would normally be about half that when a store is selling it: $770.50

Depending on where you are selling it I would say you could get up to around $800.
The extra $30 being the cost of the case unless you have a specialized one.

Personally I would sell each part individually on eBay as you could get around 75% of the value on each instead of half.

Do not sell directly to a store, they will give you half of what they can sell the machine for so around $350-$400 in order to make a profit on it.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience: Years of experience.