Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

My 15 month old Ideacenter K430 desktop gives an error code

My 15 month old Ideacenter K430 desktop gives an error code 10 for my USB 3.0 controller. While I was running a defrag program, the backup hard drive I had plugged into the USB port was no longer recognized. Unplugged all USB 3.0 devices, ran the update on the driver, uninstalled the driver, rebooted and still get the same message.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Please rest assured; we will resolve this issue for you.

First off, please restart your computer, then tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup. At the Advanced Options screen that comes up, select 'Safe Mode' and press ENTER twice in order to boot into Windows in that mode.

Once logged in to your account this way, go to Start, type in system restore and press ENTER.

When the System Restore window comes up, select Next.

At the next screen, TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, then select a restore point dated BEFORE you started having this issue with the USB device (the earlier the restore point, the better). Click Next > Finish.

Restart normally after the restore is completed, and check how you get on with the program now.

Do keep me posted; thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately when I check the box for "Show more restore points" Only one restore point from this morning appears on the list and the problem occurred last night.

I see. May I remote in to your system now, and take a look at the issue for you? Do let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes you may.

Okay. You just need to click on the following session link now:

Please join the session, then RUN the application when prompted at the bottom (If you are using Firefox/Chrome, make sure to open up the downloaded application) - and I'll be connected. Thanks!

Issue resolved; thank you!