Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

My magic jack plus light does not com on and I get no dial

My magic jack plus light does not com on and I get no dial tone
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

It may need to be registered again.

Can you connect it to the USB port on the computer please.

Let the computer detect it and run through the registration process, using your current Magic Jack details.

Once done, confirm you can make a call via the computer.

When you can, plug it back into the router and try to make a call.

Tell me please if you now get a dial tone.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard the magic jack is in the usb on the computernow the light is on but no dial tone what else can I DO?

Thank you

What exactly happens if someone calls it while it is connected to the computer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard I called my magic jack number the phone did not ring but was told to leave message. still no dial tone

Thanks

It is the MAgicjack device that has faulted. We have now confirmed it.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by doing the reinstall on the computer. The fact that we cannot get it to dial via the computer, or receive phone calls, means the actual device has failed.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Magicjack to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Why would you give a bad rating after we have gone through all this effort to confirm the problem.

You are rating my service, and after all this, and confirming the issue, you go ahead and give the worse possible rating?

Can you tell me what was so bad about the service I gave you? As this is a very surprising and disappointing response from you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard what if there is no warranty or must I do please advise I have already paid for five years service

Can you please tell me why I provided such a bad service for you to give this rating?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

see rating improved. What happens to my paid service for five years?

You are covered by the warranty still, just return it to the place of purchase and you will receive a replacement.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you