Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

hello , I have an Acer Desktop all in one touchscreen, and

hello , I have an Acer Desktop all in one touchscreen, and the usb receiver for the keyboard and mouse stopped blinking i.e. stopped working. do I have to buy a new receiver or the whole set?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me please the make and model of the Keyboard and mouse?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

it is the one who comes with the computer, Acer and I am not writing on the Acer because of the fact that he does not "wake" up, i.e. by moving either the mouse or taping on the keyboard, nothing happens, the monitor stays black, but the pc is on.........

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, hold the power button on the Acer for about 10 seconds until it turns off.

then turn it on and tell me please if it starts correctly and the Keyboard / Mouse resume working please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I ve tried that several times. Answer is NO
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, so to confirm, when you start the Acer, nothing at all every appears on the screen correct?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correct. Screen is black, but I can see and hear that the cpu is working.
The usb receiver that is plugged in one of the usb slots in the back of the pc is not blinking. I ve trid all of the usb ports, but it is not the port.
I suspect it is the receiver, but in Acers website I could not find any thing that pointed me towards a replacemnt.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
It is not the receiver that is the problem, or the Keyboard / mouse.

It has stopped working due to another issue that also causes the screen to be black.

The Computer works, even if the receiver does not.

If you shine a flashlight on the screen, are you able to see the image faintly? As I want to check if the screens backlight has failed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem is that I am like 60 miles away from the place where the Acer is........
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I can understand that makes it difficult.

But did you see my last message? Can you do this please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will when I get to the PC on tuesday...
How do we proceed further?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
It is going to be one of two things and both a hardware failures.

Either the backlight has failed, and in this case, you need to have Acer replace this.

Or the Video Card has failed, which is most plausible. This will be down to a fault on the Motherboard and explains the Receiver not lighting up, in this event you will need Acer to replace the motherboard on the computer.

Both problems are covered by the warranty on the computer, and the repair and replacement is done at no cost. But the issue is definitely a hardware failure, and ultimately you need to have Acer replace the part.

But I have marked this question to never close, so you can return here at anytime and post a message which comes directly to me.

This is no issue at all.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Repairing computers for over 15 years