elhalynhastur, Computer Trainer
Experience:  I repair and configure computers and teach others to do so. I've been helping folks for 23 years.

I have a Canon i550 printer. Although I have soaked and cleaned

I have a Canon i550 printer. Although I have soaked and cleaned the print head, I cannot get the printer to print. I continue to get 7 yellow flashes which indicate a problem with the print head. I cannot get it to clear the printer software. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. I have installed new drivers. Can you tell me how to get it to start printing again?

elhalynhastur :

Hello Larry,

elhalynhastur :

I'm available to provide assistance to you if you'd like to work with me. Please log back on and we'll see where we can get.

elhalynhastur :

However, the issue can be with the cartridges themselves or the print head. If you know for sure that you have one good ink tank that is not empty and that worked within the last 2-3 weeks then that would indicate the print head itself as the culprit. You can have the printer serviced if you really love it or you may be able to replace the printhead yourself. I found a replacement print head on ebay during a casual search.

elhalynhastur :

Frequently the cost of servicing a printer is more expensive than replacing the printer so please keep that in mind. I note that the printer is an older model but did make really nice photo prints.

elhalynhastur :

I hope this answers your question and that you will rate my answer positively. I will be happy to discuss this with you further if you so desire.

elhalynhastur :

Thanks for using Just Answer.