Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

unable to turn on LED b340

unable to turn on LED b340
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

now

Shefin :

Are you not able to turn on your computer?

Customer:

Computer turns on lights place, screen is black. LED light is on, when I push it it starts flashing. Disk light flashes when computer turning on. It does not have a vga connector, so I cannot test going to external monitor.

Shefin :

Is it Lenovo B340?

Customer:

Sorry, just chjecked label it is a b540

Shefin :

Is it Lenovo B540?

Customer:

yes, but I have an emergency nd have to leave, Can I check back later?

Shefin :

Alright.

Shefin :
Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me.
Customer:

What do I do to check back?

Shefin :

Unplug all cables, CDs, and all external devices from the computer, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Shefin :

Check if the issue persists.

Shefin :

The computer may have HDMI port.

Shefin :

If you can get a monitor uses HDMI, you can try it with your computer.

Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that the chat got disconnected. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Please try the following.

Remove all external devices, CDs, and all cables from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to remove the RAM sticks of your computer, clean it's edges with soft paper and reseat it properly. Check if the issue persists.

We may need to communicate back and forth in order to get the issue resolved . I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until the conversation is concluded. I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you do not feel I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the removing cables and power switch thing. No good. I am downloading manual to check memory. I have a hdmi cable in my apartment and try that tomorrow when I get there. Are you around tomorrow at this time?

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Please try both and let me know the result. I will reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Clean memory did not help. HDMI connection did not help. This is under warrenty. Will have lenovo tech come in.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It seems the issue i with the hardware. Since the computer is in warranty. Please do not do anything more. Please let the Lenovo technician to repair the computer.

Thank you.
S H E F I N