IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Please help me

Customer Question

Please help me register my magicJack.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Here are the instructions on how to register your magicJack:

1. Plug the magicJack into one of the available USB ports on your computer and it will automatically launch the magicJack registration window

2. If it doesn't launch, download the magicJack upgrade by clicking on THIS LINK and save it to your computer, for example to Desktop

3. Double-click the "upgrade" icon and the registration window will appear

4. Now follow the instructions to type your e-mail address, ZIP code, etc

5. Once done, you should see your magicJack phone number which means you can now both make and receive calls

To make changes to your magicJack account as well as to see current status, click on THIS LINK and enter your e-mail address (or magicJack phone number) and magicJack password.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed your directions (clicked the link) and waited nearly half an hour.

I went to do something else. When I came back, I saw a blank box with the title, "2009 Product of the Year."

Incidentally, I entered my credit card information twice to get back to you. I think once should be enough. I'm really getting frustrated!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi!

I noticed you opened another question for the same issue, so I closed that one. Please type all responses here, on this question page.

Regarding the magicJack registration:
Please unplug the magicJack device from your computer, restart your computer and then double-click the magicJack desktop icon. See if you are able to register. If prompted to insert the magicJack, insert it and try again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'll shut down and restart now. 10:20

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still trying to register the MagicJack. Please help me to do so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I waited and watched the countdown, but nothing happened. I don't care who helps me. Just PLEASE get the Magic Jack registered!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hi!

It seems the problem is in Internet Explorer. You should see a registration screen, not a blank screen. Please do the following and let me know the results:

1. Exit all open Internet Explorer windows

2. Click Start and then Control Panel

3. There click on Network and Internet and then Internet Options

4. When the Internet Options window opens, click on the last tab - Advanced

5. There click on the Reset... button located at the bottom

6. After you have clicked it, click the new Reset button located at the bottom, without checking the Delete personal settings check-box

7. After that, Internet Explorer settings will reset to their defaults. Click Close and exit Internet Properties window

8. Start magicJack icon and see if that helped. You can also restart the computer and then see the results