NetworkConsultant247, Consultant
Experience:  Over 29 year’s experience. Networking Administration A.A.S, MCP, N+, A+

I have a brother multi function machine - Scanner arm will

I have a brother multi function machine - Scanner arm will not move forward more than 1/2 inch and then will not align properly upon return..
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Whats the full name brand and model of the Brother Machine?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brother MFC-J6710DW

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Hello my name isXXXXX am sorry you are having a technical problem and I will answer your questions and find a solution to the best of my ability.

I will need additional information to troubleshoot such as is there an error code showing?

Had the scanner worked fine previously?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Code is Unable to ScanAF

Scanner has been working perfectly until yesterday am

Thank you for the update. If the bar is not moving across the platen you may need to replace the scanner bar since even if the lamp is out the bar would still move across. It is not recommended that you dismantle the MFP if there is a warranty for replacement, or repair.
Has the MFP been exposed to electrical interference that you are aware of?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I could give you step by step instructions on how to check the print head to see if there is a misalignment, however only if you are comfortable with opening the MFC and there is no warranty on the MCF.
However to check the print head depends on where it is located inside. It may not be removable, and therefore the unit has to be repaired.
NetworkConsultant247, Consultant
Experience: Over 29 year’s experience. Networking Administration A.A.S, MCP, N+, A+
Additionally the step by step is not that intensive, 3-5 steps to determine if repair is needed.