James K
James K, Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have worked on this system since we last talked. there is

I have worked on this system since we last talked. there is now 4gb of memory. Power supply has been bench tested, its good. Memory tested good. CPU is good too. MB shows no issues. I put Win7 home edition back (original configuration)
still this unit wants to freeze. I ran for several hours before it froze up so I was hopeful that it was finally ok. What else can I ck? This is such an enigma!

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Have you tested the harddrive ?

Have you tested in safemode if it freezes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have done the complete diagnostics. I put in a new HD, and installed Win 7 professional, the problem was worse. So...I put the original HD in with a fresh install of Win 7 home edition. the computer seems to do ok while I am on it, no matter how long, but if it sits for an hour or more with no activity it will freeze, requiring a hard boot to get back on

the fans are working well, there is no sludge or dust ( I cleaned them first thing)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shall I put in safe mode and watch for awhile then?

Thanks so only if its not in use it has a problem ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that appears to be the case. this morning, after all updates installed and it rebooted, suddenly it shut off. I booted, and it came back with windows experienced a problem and had to shut down. check for solutions. of course it did not find one. After that boot, I went on to do something else. When I turned back to it, frozen. All day yesterday it did not freeze at all. Mind you, the whole problem began with the freezing before all the work I have recently put into it. I have ruled out hardware I am sure.

Then Lets do some tests

Can you start in safmode

and then leave it while and see if its the same
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you will be on line for awhile? It is sitting in safe mode right now.

Yer i am on all week
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so far no freezing in safe mode with networking. I have had several tabs open and put it thru some paces. as much as one can do in safe mode.

Ok then i would suggest this

Restart in Normal mode

Log in

click start >type

In the search box

Press enter

click the start up tab

click disable all > Click OK/Apply and Restart and then test in Normal Please

Please Rate my Service with the Smiley Faces and Submit and come back any issues