Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

I have had my ViewSonic for over a year, but recently it doesnt

Customer Question

I have had my ViewSonic for over a year, but recently it doesn't start at full brightness. It takes several minutes for the monitor to be fully visible. How can I remedy this problem?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Expert_TV replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is not a television. It is a ViewSonic Wizard monitor.

Expert:  Expert_TV replied 3 years ago.
I do apologize Richard, they put your question in the tv category. Not a problem though! I will have this sent over to the right experts right away.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.
That sounds like either the standby mode is going or you are doing something different with the monitor. ie if you put the entire system on a power strip and turn it off when you turn off the computer it will take longer to warm up than if the monitor is left on and goes into sleep mode when you turn the computer off.