Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford, Computer Repairer
Experience:  I am a certified computer tech. I really enjoy helping with any issue.
70461416

Is it possible to use a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD web cam

Is it possible to use a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD web cam Skype enabled with an LG 42LN5700 smart tv 2013 model and if so how? It is not recognized with the Skype AP on the TV
Hi, I am Ryan and I can give you an answer for this.

I am afraid its not possible. The Microsoft Cam is intended for use only with computers. Smart TV's don't have the capability to handle USB devices the same way that computers can and normally can only function with certain types of devices only, such as a thumbdrive for viewing pictures and possibly video.

I don't see any information for using a webcam with that TV so I assume there is no possibility for it right now. The best thing would be to connect a regular computer, laptop or other, even a tablet or smartphone if they have HDMI output, and use them for Skype using the TV...

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.