Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years

Canon LiDe 110 Scanner Error Code 5,202,52 help me, please? Ive

Canon LiDe 110 Scanner Error Code 5,202,52 help me, please?

I've installed Scan Gear and uninstalled it a half dozen times and rebooted my computer each time. The cable is directly connected to a USB port and not a hub. The computer recognizes the scanner. Help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
hi there and welcome

which version if windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Vista 32 bits version.

Please note that I am a teacher and will be back at my personal home computer this evening at 5PM PST. I hope I can count on you to assist me tonight? Thanks for your service.

George

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can George

Download this software (you get free 30 days)

www.revouninstaller.com

Than run it and remove and reference to Scan gear on your computer

Restart your computer and install Scan Gear

If it still gives you the problem, please let me know

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richie,

I used Revo-uninstaller and removed all traces of the Canon scanner software:Customer Navigation, Registration, and User's manual, and rebooted my computer. I then reinstalled the above from Canon's service and support website and, again, rebooted my computer. I tried the scanner out and got the same internal error code number.

Next step, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I'm just getting started with Richie and, so far, no results, so it doesn't matter. Whomever can solve my problem the fastest is what matters to me. I'm standing by and have about 3 hours tonight to work with someone. I'm going to bed at 10PM PST. Thanks.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. May I ask why you are trying to useCustomer What are you trying to do with your scanner? Everything you need to get your scanner working can be found at http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/scanners/LiDE_series/CanoScan_LiDE_110.aspx?type=download&page=1

I am not really familiar withCustomerbut it appears that that program is used for an entirely different purpose. If you are just trying to scan documents into your computer then you have to use the program designed to work with the Canon scanner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

The download you referred me to on the Canon website is what I calledCustomer We are talking one and the same scanner driver. I'll call it scanner driver from now on.

Next step, please?

George

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
George,

Ok so you are not using anything namedCustomer That is good then because I believe that is just meant to turn a copier into a scanner.

I looked up this error code and I could not find much about it. I found only 1 solution for you to try.

You will have to go into Device Manager. To get there right click on Computer then select Properties. Choose Device Manager on Left side. Then select Continue if asked.Then look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Click the + sign next to that. Look in the list for anything that says Enhanced. If you find something in the list that says enhanced then right click the item and choose Disable. Save changes.

Try the scanner. This is the only thing I was able to find so if this does not work I am going to step aside so that someone else can take a shot at your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

I followed your instructions and disabled two enhanced host controllers, Intel (R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A and 293-C.

This did not work. Before you sign out, should I go back and enable these two controllers or leave them disabled?

Who/what website can I go to for help? Or should I return the scanner? I've wasted about 6 hours on this problem so far.

George

George

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
George,

Yeah I would go back and enable them again.

Have you installed the drivers from that website? Not just the scanning software but the actual scanner driver. Also, when are you getting this error code? You can try scanning something into Microsoft Paint. Programs->Accessories->Paint. Then in the File menu it has the option to use a scanner. If that works it is the software giving you trouble and not the scanner driver or hardware.

What you ultimately do is up to you. I understand stuff like this is frustrating but it sometimes takes a while to figure it out. You can try Canon support, or you can keep this question posted on Just Answer. There are quite a few of us online and there is a good chance that someone can eventually figure this out. I think returning the scanner is a bit drastic but if you can't get it working in a reasonable amount of time I would consider it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the drivers from that website? Yes.

Not just the scanning software but the actual scanner driver. Yes.

Also, when are you getting this error code? I get the error code after clicking on the menu to scan. The scanner makes a buzz to signal it is ready to scan and then when I click on the scan button the error message pops up.

You can try scanning something into Microsoft Paint. Programs->Accessories->Paint. Then in the File menu it has the option to use a scanner. If that works it is the software giving you trouble and not the scanner driver or hardware. Good suggestion, but that failed when I just now tried it.

Thanks for trying, Chris.

George

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
George,

Your welcome. I initially thought you were using the wrong scanner software, but that is not the case. I am not sure what to do about this error so I am stepping out of the question. Your question will go back into circulation for other experts to see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Roger that. Thanks.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and sorry about the delay

On the bottom of the scanner is a lock for when you transport it

Can you check that this lock is not on please (it is a sliding switch)

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's one of the first things the instructions tell you to do is to unlock the switch. So, yes, the switch is unlocked.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it is also the first thing people miss so wanted to be sure

Do you have another computer to test this Scanner on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have already tried it out on my wife's laptop and same error message.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Faulty Scanner than

It might have been the computer, and we ruled out all software causes to this problem, but having the issue on the other computer confirms a faulty Scanner

Sorry but you will need to have it replaced under warranty

If I can assist you with anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. That is a reasonable conclusion to make. I appreciate your service.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome

Please remember to Rate My Service and if you ever need assistance, please let me know

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Repairing computers for over 15 years