Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt

The screen my syncmaster sa550 flashes or blinks on and off.

The screen my syncmaster sa550 flashes or blinks on and off. This hapened 2 days ago when the computer woke from sleep mode. No other problems just the flashing.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

MichaelHannigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

MichaelHannigan :

After that, does it just go dark?

Customer:

No the screen flash from black back to the desktop about every second

MichaelHannigan :

When it does that, does the desktop look normal?

Customer:

yes but it only stays like that for about a second before it goes to an all black screen for about a second then back to the desktop. then it just cycles

MichaelHannigan :

Have you tried manually selecting the source?

MichaelHannigan :

Press the "source" button on the monitor

Customer:

I had to hook up my old monitor to even do a search that led me to this site

Customer:

If you can wait a few min I can hook it back up .

MichaelHannigan :

When you have the syncmaster hooked up, try pressing the "shource"

MichaelHannigan :

or source

MichaelHannigan :

yes

Customer:

ok brb

MichaelHannigan :

ok

Customer:

ok which is the source button?

MichaelHannigan :

good question.

MichaelHannigan :

I'll have to look it up

MichaelHannigan :

one sec

Customer:

ok

MichaelHannigan :

It says it on the front of the monitor... I'm just trying to get a picture big enough for me to see it.

Customer:

ok

MichaelHannigan :

I think it is the second button from the right

MichaelHannigan :

to the right of the up and down arrows

Customer:

ok it jus does an auto adjust but does not change anything

MichaelHannigan :

ok... the next button then

MichaelHannigan :

one of those buttons should say SOURCE

MichaelHannigan :

that allows you to manually select the source of the signal so that it's not trying to auto select

Customer:

hmm not sure how but i changed the brightness and its ok now lol ty ill hit accept now

Customer:

i was able to turn off auto but the flashing kept on untill i changed the brightness.

Customer:

everything seems fine now thanks for the help and your time

MichaelHannigan :

That's good

MichaelHannigan :

Thank you.

Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt