Molinari
Molinari, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru
16561526

It says to insert the magicjack to make calls

Customer Question

Setting up magic jack. It says to insert the magicjack to make calls after it installed the software. I tried to uninstall and reinstall multiple times. Haven't register the device since the form to register is not poping out.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Have you done all of this:

• Plug the MagicJack device into one of your computer's or laptop USB ports. The device is pre-loaded with the MagicJack software, which launches automatically when the device is recognized.

• 2

Plug the phone line connected to your telephone into the exposed edge of the MagicJack USB device. This handset functions the same when receiving a call as it does when connected to a landline telephone connection.

• 3

Click the blue "Register MagicJack" button on the MagicJack software.

• 4

Select the radio button next to the store from which you purchased the MagicJack device, and then click the "Next" button.

• 5

Enter your e-mail address and either your credit card number, order number or ZIP code if you didn't purchase the MagicJack from MagicJack's Web site or call line. Click "Next," and then choose to either create a new account or add the device to your existing account if you have one. Enter your personal information if creating a new account, or type your MagicJack's name and log into your current account if applicable.

• 6

Read the "Terms of Service," and if you agree to them, check the "I Agree" check box and click "Next."

• 7

Click "I do not want a phone number" if you don't want to be assigned a number. Click "Vanity Number" if you want to choose your own number. Click "I want a Canadian number" if you want to be assigned a Canadian phone number. Click "I do not want a Vanity or Canadian number" if you want a normal phone number; MagicJack will determine the last four digits of the number. Click "I elect to accept free outgoing service" if you want to make outgoing phone calls.

• 8

Check your e-mail for a confirmation message containing a login password. Click "Close Window." Enter the e-mail address and password XXXXX the login fields, and then make a test phone call to confirm that it is installed correctly.

•  

Expert:  Molinari replied 4 years ago.
    Ok, if the registration box isn't popping up when you plug it in, try this:

Unplug the MagicJack

Restart your computer, when the computer starts wait 5 minutes and then plug in the MagicJack

Plug your magicJack in and wait for 60 seconds.

Please CLICK HERE and download this program to your desktop.

After the program has been downloaded, double click "magicJackUpdate.exe" and follow the prompts.

After completing the update, unplug your magicJack, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.

Let me know if you run into any trouble...
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I ran the update and it is saying "The update is unable to acquire access to the magicjack. please reinsert your magicjack and rerun the update." I tried it 3 times and still the same.. I'm running Norton Internet Security and Microsoft Security Essential.
    Expert:  Molinari replied 4 years ago.
    Ok, try disabling norton and microsoft security essentials and try again, they may be blocking the mj from the internet.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Disabling NIS and Microsoft Security Essentials didn't work. I attached MJ to an old computer with Windows XP and it worked. It looks like the issue is with Windows 7.
    Expert:  Molinari replied 4 years ago.
    Ok, see if the firewall built into windows 7 is running, something is blocking magicjacks access to the internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/522-windows-firewall-turn-off.html