Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

my emachine T3410 system recovery CD/DVD got cracked tryed

Customer Question

my emachine T3410 system recovery CD/DVD got cracked tryed and installed other OS but they don't wokk like my first. Now it won't get passed the start up E IT SAYS WINSVR IS MISSING Have Herb mini XP Tools disk but I'M NOT GETTING ANYWERE helpthe tools said there was a buncch of unremovelable partitions and my FATS numbers are wrong for the sectors or something my CD/DVD PLAYER/BURNER WHATEVER WHEN IT COMES ON SOMETIMES  SOUNDS LOUD OR SLOW OR DRAGGING AND RUNS FAST THEN MAYBE SLOW CAN I PUT IT BACK TO LIKE I FIRST GOT IT?  HOW LONG BEFORE I HEAR SOMETHING? WHAT HAPPENED TO GET A ANSWER ASAP!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Sorry for the delayed reply.First of all you cannot install OS from other disc in a branded PC. because the drivers are inbuilt in the recovery disc. But, the problem you are describing is generally caused due to defective hard drive.Please try to reinstall windows once again and check the issue. If the problem persist, then you have to replace the hard drive. One more thing, if you want to order the recovery disc from emachine, then you can do from the link below. They may take the shipping cost from you and send the disc.

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=emachines
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK SO BECAUSE I'VE INSTALLED OTHER WINDOWS XP OS I'VE PAID FOR AND THEY DID 'NT WORK RIGHT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT THE RIGHT BRAND! DAA!!! BUT WAS ABLE TO RUN THE RECOVERY AND FIX OR REPAIR DISK BUY INSTALLING THERE MINI WINDOWS XP AND TRYIN TO USE ALL THERE TOOLS WHICH WAS SHOWING AND WORKING WITH PARTITIONS, FATS ,BIOS.CMOS, REGISTERY AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUTBY PUTTING THIS IN OR TAKING THAT OUT TELL NOW I CAN'T EVEN GET IT TO STARTUP RIGHT FOR YOU TO TELL ME TO TRY AND INSTALL ONE OF MY OS YOU SAID WON'T WORK AND BUY A NEW HD BECAUSE MINE IS BROKE THEN WHY WAS I ABLE TO INSTALL THE MINI WINDOWS XP AND RUN THE TOOLS I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND AND STREWED THINGS UP???SAYING TRY TO INSTLL OS BUT NOT TELLING ME HOW!! OR WHAT!!! WHAT KIND OF HELP IS THAT????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer. I JUST DID DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY YOU GOT IT??? MY ? WAS HOW DO I GET IT TO STARTUP AND WHAT ISSUES DO I LOOK FOR AND HOW DO I FIX THEM I TOLD U IT WONT START BECAUSE THEIR IS NO OR CAN'T BE FOUND A WINSRV???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MY FIRST TWO REPLY ?S AREN'T ENOUGH DID YOU EVEN GET THEM?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
As you have relisted the question without any reason, I didn't got your replies. Now, I think you said that, you have installed Windows XP as your recovery CDs are cracked, then when I told you to reinstall XP, why are you saying, that I did not told you the steps to do it, because if you have installed Windows XP from other disc, then you should know the way to reinstall it. Please read my replies carefully, because I told you that, if you are unable to reinstall Windows XP, then your Hard drive is defective. As I cannot see your PC, I cannot tell you anything on assumption, so I told you to reinstall windows once more. Hope you will understand my limitations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer. MY SYSTEM CRASHED INSTALLED ANOTHER WINDOWS XP OS . IT WOULDED SUPPORT SP3 INSTALLED ANOTHERMINI XP OS FROM A RECOVERY TOOLS DISK OS WORKED AND SUPPORTED SP3 BUT AFTERUSING OTHER TESTING,SCANNING AND REPAIR TOOLS ON DISK RESTARTED BUT WOULD NOT STARTUP MESSAGE SAID NO OR CANNOT FIND WINSRV