A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612

Can you advise me where i can buy repolacement cloisenne

Customer Question

can you advise me where i can buy repolacement cloisenne enamel numerals for clock dials
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i have a dresden clock in for restoration and it is missing the number 10, that is X, from the dial.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the numbers are all on an individual enamelled badge.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Finding a match for your number is ***** to be very hard especially matching the patina and being cloisonne enamel I'll opt out and let another expert try to help you. Thanks Mike

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 months ago.

I agree with Mike that replacement will be difficult. There is no place you can just go and buy the numerals like going to the supermarket. Replacing the entire clock face might be another option. If you decide you want to keep the clock face, then your best bet would be to find a cloisonne artist (your nearest university art department is a good place to start) and see if she or he can replicate the other numerals and perhaps do a little "aging" to try to match the patina on the other numbers.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

If you have no more questions about this, I would appreciate a rating (preferably a "5") since Just Answer only credits us with answering questions if we get a positive rating. This costs you nothing extra.

Thanks!