A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612

I have a Herman Savannah Botanical Society VI wall clock.

Customer Question

I have a Herman Miller Savannah Botanical Society VI wall clock. The pendulum stopped working, so I changed the batteries. Now the pendulum works & the clock doesn't. I am 77 y/o & cannot read the instructions on the back of the clock. I'm very frustrated. I had a clock like this before, just changed the batteries & it started working.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the clock technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have no clue what you're talking about. My clock is not broken. It needs to be reset & I cannot read the instructions
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 21 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. This is the Howard Miller model 620-401 Savannah Botanical Society VI. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer Howard Miller states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clockparts.com*****br />Culver City, CA 90230 USA
Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-***-***-****
Phone/fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Gone to Pieces
(battery operated quartz movements only)
6819 Rt 259 Hwy
Homer City, PA 15748
order line: 1-***-***-****

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You have been of no help whatsoever. There is nothing the matter with my clock. I need instructions how to set up my auto daylight savings clock. There are instructions on the back of the clock that I don't understand, nor can I read clearly. Again, I need step by step instructions how to accomplish this.
Expert:  Mike replied 20 days ago.

Hi, The label on the back just tells you the story behind the Savannah Botanical Society which was started in 1913 no instructions. Do you need to know how to advance the hands of your clock so you can get the correct time you just simply move the minute hand clockwise until you reach the correct time or use the time control knob located on the back of the clocks movement advance the knob clockwise until you reach the correct time. You stated above that the pendulum works now but the clock doesn't. The pendulum runs separate from the clock it is basically just for looks it has nothing to do with the clock running so if the clock doesn't work there is something wrong with the clocks movement. If your clock hands do not run and the clock is not working if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I posted a photo of the back of your clock just click the blue highlighted area, to adjust the hands of your clock the control knob is located in the center of the clocks movement. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
You have not helped me at all. My Herman Miller clock is less than two years old. You say there are no instructions on the back of this clock. You are wrong. There are about 10 lines of instructions how to reset the clock. The problem for me is they are hard to read & I don't understand them. You have in no way addressed the reason for my contacting you. Once you change the batteries, it must be reset. I say one thing & you answer something else of no relevancy to my issues. That is not the back of my clock. Again for the 4th time, my 2 year old clock has detailed instructions on the back. I have no intention of paying for anything that I didn't get. If you care about my satisfaction, you will try & find my exact clock so you can help me. I will be around tomorrow but on Tues, I am going away for 10 days & won't have access to my computer. I don't expect to see any charges on my credit card until this issue is resolved.
Expert:  Mike replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the Herman Miller clock you have but only the Howard Miller clock. I do not have anything to do with the billing I'll contact customer service for you. I'll opt out to let another expert try to help you. Thanks Mike

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 19 days ago.

Attached are the instructions, just click on the link below. You may have to increase the size so you can read it.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 15 days ago.

I see you have not even read my answer that included the instructions you requested. I hope you will see it and give me a good rating (hopefully a "5").