Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I need some help. I have a 14 Day Cathedral Gong Regulator

Customer Question

I need some help. I have a 14 Day Cathedral Gong Regulator New England Clock Company spring wound Date wall clock. It has a Franze Hermle 79 West Germany 141-070 K 38cm movement. The dial reads "New England Clock 1974 Farmington,Conn". The case back is marked "N.E.C.C. 75.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the clock technician should know?
Customer: I need some help. I have a 14 Day Cathedral Gong Regulator New England Clock Company spring wound Date wall clock. It has a Franze Hermle 79 West Germany 141-070 K 38cm movement. The dial reads "New England Clock 1974 Farmington,Conn". The case back is marked "N.E.C.C. 75.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I need some help. I have a 14 Day Cathedral Gong Regulator New England Clock Company spring wound Date wall clock. It has a Franze Hermle 79 West Germany 141-070 K 38cm movement. The dial reads "New England Clock 1974 Farmington,Conn". The case back is marked "N.E.C.C. 75. My questions are how do I set the red Calendar hand? Why are there three numbers on the clock back case, dial and movement (74, 75, 79), How do I sync the hour chime and half hour? What is the value of this clock?
Expert:  Mike replied 20 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. To set the red calendar hand simply move the hand to the correct date " DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY CALENDAR CHANGES BETWEEN 10 PM & 2 AM " the calendar will change automatically between 11 PM & 1 AM. The three numbers on the clock back case, dial and movement (74, 75, 79) are copyright dates. To sync the hour chime the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the hour hand only in a clockwise manor to match the chime then move the minute hand in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. The value from good body & running condition $375.00 to excellent body and running condition $525.00. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.