Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)
35181951

Have a Hermle 1051-30 movement. minute hand will move after

Customer Question

Have a Hermle 1051-30 movement. minute hand will move after quarter chime then stop,movement still running ok. will not chime after first quarter song, not sure if right quarter when start.
JA: The clock technician will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: minute hand stops,movement still running after ist quarter chime.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the clock technician should know?
Customer: not that i know of.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 22 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. ​Are you saying that the minute will move until it gets to the 3 position then the movement will strike then the minute hand will not move after that? Will the minute move manually after it stops moving? Thanks Mike