Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a clock with 340-020 new version, trying to slow it

Customer Question

I have a Howard Miller clock with 340-020 new version, trying to slow it down, what do I adjust?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: 340-020 new design, how do I slow it down as it runs about 10 minutes too fast each 24 hours
JA: Is there anything else the clock technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. To adjust speed turn the screw left for a faster turn and right for a slower turn each 1/16th turn will adjust the speed about 1 minute but you will have to wait and watch the speed over a period of time to get it exact. The screw is located at the top RIGHT of the floating balance spring. Try this option and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks - we will try it
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Yes please keep me posted. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks Mike