Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)
35181951

Can you tell me how to adjust the auromatic night shut off

Customer Question

Can you tell me how to adjust the auromatic night shut off feature. What i really need is how to do it after the clock has been repaired.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: How to set up the automatice night shutoff feature?
JA: Is there anything else the clock technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What make & model clock do you have? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hermle 1161-853bs
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
phone number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there a problem?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, That is the number of the movement the control lever for setting the night time shut off is usually found on the face of the clock. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know that. I want to know how to put the pieces on the fron plate that controls it. The clock was taken apart. Now how do the automatic shutoff pieces go back on?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I will need to know the make and model clock you have to tell you that like Howard Miller, Ridgeway etc. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ridgeway 1161-853 bs
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Let me check my data base here in my clock repair shop and I'll get back with you. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Sorry I do not have a breakdown schematic to show you how to do this process. The little lever that goes through the slot on the face of the clock at the 3 position needs to be in place before the movement is reinstalled. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mike that is not what i'm asking. I'm not satisfied witht he answer.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, The set up for this feature is for the chimes not to chime between the hours of 11:00 pm thru 7:00 am if I could see what the last person did to the movement and what you have now I could set it up but not being able to see exactly what you have it will be hard for me to tell you what to do. Thanks Mike