Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

We have a battery powered school house walla clock hands

Customer Question

we have a battery powered school house walla clock hands wont move since the adjustment wheel was touched on the back
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: to sert tie back for daylight savingds my husband moved the little adjustment wheel in the back of the clock instead of simply moving the inute hand back on the face of the clock. Hands have not moved since
JA: Is there anything else the clock technician should be aware of?
Customer: put in new batteries
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 26 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the hands are not touching each other and have not worked loose from there shafts. Next make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clockparts.com*****br />Culver City, CA 90230 USA
Toll free: 1-888-8CRAFTS
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-***-***-****
Phone/fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Gone to Pieces
(battery operated quartz movements only)
6819 Rt 259 Hwy
Homer City, PA 15748
order line: 1-***-***-****

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Mike replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you. Thanks Mike